1-2 module one milestone | Psychology homework help
As you are learning, the motivations that underlie our behavior are unique to us. For example, we may engage in behavior as a result of social expectations and obligations. Yet, when we are driven to engage in behavior that is not self-directed, the extrinsic pressure to adhere to rules and norms could cause intrapersonal conflict. By contrast, we may engage in behavior as a result of our curiosities, interests, or values. When we are driven to engage in behavior that is self-directed, we feel an intrinsic drive to complete tasks and pursue goals based on our own volition and free will. For these reasons, it is important to answer the question: Why does intrinsic motivation matter?
For this milestone, you will reflect on the conceptual foundations and practical applications of motivation orientation. Specifically, you will analyze the impacts of extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and how being aware of a person’s motivation orientation can promote effective leadership.
To complete this assignment, use the Module One Milestone Template to address Part One and Part Two of the following rubric criteria:
In 3 to 5 sentences for each criterion, apply the conceptual foundations of motivation orientation to your lived experience by responding to the following:
- Describe which motivation orientation, autonomous or controlled, is most relevant to you and why.
- Describe how motivation orientation influences level of engagement.
- Describe an authentic example of how conformity has been both detrimental and essential to your well-being.
- Describe the strengths and limitations of an autonomously motivated mindset as it applies to emotional intelligence.
Next, in 3 to 5 sentences for each criterion, describe the practical applications of motivation orientation within the leadership context by responding to the following:
- Describe the types of values that you believe would help to promote an autonomously motivated mindset in those you serve.
- Describe how you could support others in their own motivation.
- Describe an example of how your understanding of motivation orientation can help you engage in more compassionate, empathetic leadership.
Guidelines for Submission
You will use the Module One Milestone Template to complete this milestone. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!