Anatomy case | Anatomy homework help
A Case of Sunburn
On the first day after arriving in Miami for spring break vacation, Matt plays out in the sun for six hours. Later that night he notices that the skin on his legs and arms becomes red, swollen and extremely painful. By morning all of the afflicted areas have developed numerous blisters. These areas cover about 30% of his trunk (front and back) and 40% of the arms and legs.
- What organ has been damaged? What general types of tissue have been afflicted?
- What type of burn has Matt received? Explain.
- List ALL layers of the skin that have been damaged.
- What tissue repair process causes the blistering?
- List all of the body functions that may be disrupted by such a burn.
After a few days his skin peels and the burned areas begin to heal. Matt notices that the healing areas are more susceptible to injuries due to chafing or trauma. During the next week after Matt returns to Tampa, Maria tells him that a sunburn prepares his skin for a deep tan. Maria encourages him to quickly begin tanning sessions at a local tanning salon before the effects of the burn wear off.
- What has happened to the skin that would cause this increased susceptibility?
- What would you advise him to do? Why?
- Is a deep tan a sign of skin that is healthy or severely stressed? Explain.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!