Anthropology research | Social Science homework help
TOPIC WITH CHOICE OF SUBTOPIC:
Materia Magica are the tools used by our practitioners, priests and shamans. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Talismans: an item, often hand-held or small, believed to have magical or protective properties, often very personal and can be secular. A “good luck charm”
- Wands: a magical item used to “activate” the spirit world or power, or mark out a sacred space
- Amulets: an item, often worn, believed to offer magical protection, often sacred in nature.
- Cult images: an object of worship or veneration.
- Apotropaic items: a “frightening” image believed to “scare” away illness-causing spirits
- Votive Offering: a gift given the spirit world that is destroyed in some way to magically send it there- candles. the cow in the Hmong film.
- Rattles and musical instruments: used to make rhythmic noise to assist in trancing or having an apotropaic use.
- Plants: can be used to induce trance and other pharmacopeia, and may have a medicinal impact
Discuss a bit about the differences and similarities between Materia Magica (magical implements) and Materia Medica (medical tools) … and there they can cross over.
Introduction to the problem/ thesis.
Background and history of the research
Research/ source heavy. Should include all aspects of the history of the research or field for full points.
Current state of research and analysis
Details the current situation- research and source heavy
Schools of Thought
Details at least 2 researchers who do not agree. Research and source heavy- student will take a side in research
Research Plan for the next step and conclusion
Student demonstrates mastery of the scientific method and research strategies and how to apply. Effective conclusion.
Short Story: a fictional account of the discovery or other aspect of the research
Student will show mastery of the topic by briefly ‘telling the story’ of aspect of the research- a story of being in the field, or visiting a site, etc. this story must be unique to the student and by the student.
This is NOT a summary of the research: it is a method to demonstrate mastery of the topic.
- Two sources must be provided , and they must date to within 10 calendar years (ETA: some research has been going on for a long time, so this is negotiable, but your sources should be timely)
- other sources can be older- and there must be at least 2 other sources.
- report must be sourced both in text and on a source page
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!