Assignment 2: gang stories | CRJ 435 – Drugs, Gangs, and Organized Crime | Strayer University
For this assignment, you will analyze the life of someone who has been involved in a gang. You can use the video in the link below
My story; from gangland daughter to star teacher
start your analysis of Pearl Arredondo’s life story, your own story if you have been affected by gangs, or someone you know. Then write a 4-6-page paper answering the following questions:
- How was she able to rise above crime, delinquency, and gang life?
- Identify at least four factors that you believe are important for one to understand the origins of the juvenile’s delinquent behavior.
- What protective factors helped Pearl Arredondo (or the person in your own story)?
- What risk factors did she face?
- Apply at least two research-based early intervention programs described in Chapter 9 that Pearl Arredondo could use in the school program she created.
Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may research local, federal and state statues in your state to illustrate your point. The Strayer Library at research.strayer.edu is an excellent place to start.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Critically analyze the historical rise in power of gangs and gang affiliation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the numerous effects, including addiction, of drugs, which motivate the market.
- Discuss the historical laws associated with illegal substances.
- Distinguish the difference among Italian, Irish, Asian, Russian, and other crime syndicates.
- Clearly differentiate between productive and non-productive law enforcement strategies used to address the drug problem in America.
- Examine the activities, motivation, operations, logistics, and finances associated with the world drug trade and the relation to gang and organized crime cultures.
- Assess release and reentry considerations for criminal offenders.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!