Autobiography essay | English homework help
Read the selections “My Guilt” by Maya Angelou and the autobiographical account of the life of Frederick Douglass. The poem written by Angelou reflects her guilt for not standing up for what she deems is a just cause, particularly the issue of Civil Rights. (Maya Angelou was a contemporary writer). Douglass gives his first-person account, and he narrates the events that cause him to rise up against injustice, in his case, life as a slave.
In a well-written essay, analyze the purpose, tone, style, and rhetorical stance of each author. Include your personal reflections on the selections. Include examples of others who have either chosen to stand up for a cause or felt guilty because of their reluctance to act (such as, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Oskar Schindler, and Nelson Mandela).
Criteria for This Assignment
Length and Formatting Requirements
- Five to six pages, double spaced
- Time New Roman, 12-point font
- Works Cited page
- In-text citations
- Analyze Maya Angelou’s purpose, tone, style, and rhetorical stance in her poem.
- Analyze Frederick Douglass’ purpose, tone, style, and rhetorical stance in his book.
- Analyze and explore your personal reflection on each of the selections.
- Explore examples of others who have chosen to stand up for a cause or those who have felt guilty for their reluctance to act.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!