Case study: red bull) | Management homework help
For each question below, try to find at least one related outside scholarly reference using the university’s online library resources available to you from the main online learning platform home page. Be sure to properly cite your sources, both in-text and with a reference list at the conclusion. If you use an online source to support your answers, you must provide a properly formatted link to the source. You may use MLA, APA, or Chicago citation formats, but be consistent and make sure your sources are credible.
In most cases, your responses should not exceed 800 words.
(Case Study: Red Bull)
The Red Bull case describes the history of the Red Bull brand with an emphasis on how the brand had stimulated and harnessed word-of-mouth to build a new category (functional energy drinks) and a brand franchise.
1. What created Red Bull’s success? Where is the core franchise and benefit? Has the product’s positioning changed over time? What is the role of alcohol mixing to Red Bull’s success?
2. What is Red Bull’s success formula? For which kind of product/beverage categories will this formula work? How does Red Bull know when to turn on the advertising? What metrics would you use to make this judgment?
3. Assume tough competition is coming. How can Red Bull protect its franchise? What actions would you recommend?
(Case Study: EMR Innovations)
Eric and Mary Reynolds operate an RV repair shop and are avid RVers themselves. Because of their familiarity with RVs, they have developed the Lock-Awn Anti-Billowing Device, which they believe is a superior alternative to other existing fixes for a common problem with RVs. In addition to the Lock-Awn, they would like to develop and sell other new products that address additional RV problems on a regular basis through their new company, EMR Innovations. Eric and Mary believe they have a sure winner in the Lock-Awn product, but they must decide on a marketing strategy as the next step in the process to consider whether or not the Lock-Awn and EMR Innovations, for that matter, are viable. In order to make this decision, Eric and Mary review their information about potential customers, competitors, and possible distribution strategies to identify potential target markets and positioning strategies.
1. Evaluate the market attractiveness for EMR Innovations using industry analysis tools.
2. Identify potential target markets for the Lock-Awn Anti-Billowing Device, using a five-step process of determining segment (1) needs; (2) identification; (3) attractiveness; (4) profitability; and (5) positioning.
3. Determine the sales of the Lock-Awn (in units and revenue) needed to break even and the payback period for the initial capital investments, for both the “more-for-more” and “more-for-less” niche. (Hint: Assume the Reynolds borrow $200,000 at 8 percent interest to be paid back in two annual payments. Further assume that the Reynolds incur maximum marketing expenses. For breakeven analysis, use straight-line depreciation method over 3, 5, and 7 years, respectively, for mold and tooling, office equipment, and assembly and packing equipment.)
What is the impact on break-even if sales are higher than expected by 25 percent? Lower by 25 percent? What is the impact on break-even if sales are higher than expected by 50 percent? Lower by 50 percent? How likely is it that EMR Innovations can break even and recover its investment costs?
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!