Chamberlain college of nursing nr 222 week 8 final exam (new)
1. The nurse evaluates which laboratory values to assess a patient’s potential for wound healing?
A. Fluid status
D. Nitrogen balance
2. The nurse is caring for a patient with dysphagia and is feeding her a pureed chicken diet when she begins to choke. What is the priority nursing intervention?
A. Suction her mouth and throat
B. Turn her on their side
C. Put on oxygen at 2-L nasal cannula
D. Stop feeding her and place on NPO
3. A patient who is receiving parenteral nutrition (PN) through a central venous catheter (CVC) has an air embolus. What would the nurse do first?
A. Have the patient perform a Valsalva procedure
B. Clamp the intravenous (IV) tubing to prevent more air from entering the line
C. Have the patient take a deep breath and hold it
D. Notify the health care provider immediately
4. A patient is receiving both parenteral (PN) and enteral nutrition (EN). When would the nurse collaborate with the health care provider and request discontinuing parenteral nutrition?
A. When 25% of the patient’s nutritional needs are met by the tube feedings
B. When bowel sounds return
C. When central line has been in for 10 days
D. When 75% of the patient’s nutritional needs are met by the tube feedings
5. The nurse is inserting a small-bore nasoenteric tube before starting enteral feedings. What is the correct order of steps to perform this procedure?
1. Place patient in high-Fowler’s position.
2. Have patient flex head toward chest.
3. Assess patient’s gag reflex.
4. Determine length of the tube to be inserted.
5. Obtain radiological confirmation of tube placement.
6. Check pH of gastric aspirate for verifying placement.
7. Identify patient with two identifiers.
A. 7, 1, 3, 4, 2, 5, 6
B. 1, 3, 4, 7, 2, 6, 5
C. 7, 1, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5
D. 1, 7, 3, 2, 4, 5, 6
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!