Descriptive statistics and data visualizations ( no plagiarism)
Descriptive statistics play an important role in analyzing data. It numerically summarizes key characteristics of variables. Measures of central tendency (mean, median, and mode) and dispersion (variance, standard deviation, and range) characterize the probability distribution. A histogram visualizes the distribution of numerical data, indicating the number of data points that lie within a range of values. For this assignment, you will perform descriptive statistics and create a histogram for selected variables in a dataset.
Download Assignment 1 Dataset.
The dataset contains the following variables:
- Utilization (average number of patient days per month).
- Satisfaction (patient satisfaction scores percentile rank).
- Readmissions (readmission rate per month).
Nursing home administration has the objectives of higher utilization, higher patient satisfaction, and lower readmissions, and they need to make a decision on whether to retain the department manager based on average performance over the past 70 months.
For this assignment, create a descriptive statistics table and histogram based on the Assignment 1 Dataset. Write a narrative summary in a Word document and insert the table and histogram graphic into this document. See the “Copy From Excel to Another Office Program” resource for instructions. Submit both the Word document and the Excel file that shows the descriptive statistics output.
The numbered assignment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Descriptive Statistics and Data Visualizations Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Perform the appropriate descriptive statistics for selected variables in a dataset.
- Report descriptive statistics table with measures of central tendency and dispersion.
- Create a histogram that visually depicts the distribution of selected variables in a dataset.
- Interpret statistical results of a data analysis.
- Write a narrative summary of the practical, administration-related implications of the descriptive statistics.
- Write a separate summary for the histogram.
- Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- Length: 2–3 pages.
- APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12 point.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!