Show your work to get any partial credit. Give me the formula that you might use or show other thought process. If you just give me an answer and it’s not the right one, you will get zero points for that question.
Other formulas needed outside of the reading material:
Sales = Variable expenses + Fixed expenses +Profit
Sales = Quantity * Units
Profit = (Sales × CM ratio) – Fixed Cost
Review Problems : Contribution margin and ratio
Sales per unit = $250Variable Cost per unit = $150
Units = 350
- Calculate Contribution Margin Per Unit (2 points)
- Calculate Contribution Margin (CM) Ratio Per Unit (3 points)
- Calculate Total Contribution Margin (CM) Dollars (5 points)
Sales = $5,000,000CM Ratio = 0.40Fixed cost = $1,600,000
- Calculate Profit.
A company has budgeted sales of $200,000, a profit of $60,000 and fixed expenses of $40,000.
- Calculate contribution margin ratio.
Review Problem : Break-even point
Voltar Company manufactures and sells a telephone answering machine. The company’s contribution format income statement for the most recent year is given below:
- What is the Contribution Margin (CM) Ratio (or percent of sales)? (5 points)
- Calculate break-even point both in total units and total sales dollars. (10 points)
Management is anxious to improve the company’s profit performance. Assume that next year management wants the company to earn a minimum profit of $90,000.
- How many units will have to be sold to meet the target profit figure?
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!