Human observation paper | Psychology homework help
You are to select a human behavior. Discuss the problem surrounding this behavior. The following is a list of topics which have been used in the past. You may select from the list or develop one of your own. Select a behavior which you encounter each day. The greatest challenge is isolating or narrowing the behavior to a single event which you can define, count, and attempt to change or observe as changed in a different environment.
- Eye contact
- Hand washing
- Door opening for others
- Money on the ground
- Cleaning off the table after you eat in a fast food restaurant
- Response time of clerks when the researcher dresses poorly or nicely
- Tips – restaurant, beauty salon, etc.
- Helpful behavior when toilet paper is attached to the researchers shoe in a public place
- Hand waving when driving down a country road
- Changing television stations in a public waiting room
- Products purchased from shelves of different height
- Color of products purchased
- Seating behaviors in school cafeteria or restaurant
- Stop light running
- Use of cell phones in school areas
- Use of cell phones while driving
- Purchasing one item or the “full meal deal” at a fast food restaurant
- Human responses to walking dogs of different sizes or breeds
- Human response to “Don’t walk on the grass!” signs
- Driver behavior while waiting on a stop light (make-up, hair combing using rear view mirror)
- Assistance reaching items from the top shelf
- Dropping a dollar while walking through Walmart…will someone return the dollar? (Can be an expensive project.)
- Returning shopping carts to the proper areas
- Smiling or waving “thank you” when a car stops to allow shoppers to cross in the parking lot
- Behavior in the check-out line: smiling, conversation…
- The behavior of children in the check-out line (pulling things from shelves, yelling, smiling, climbing out of cart….)
- Behavior of children in a classroom (talking, out of seat, interrupting, turning in homework….)
DO NOT :
- Place a baby carrier on top of a car and drive around the mall parking lot to see if someone will attempt to stop you
- Stop your car by the side of the road to see if someone might stop and assist
- Attempt a tail gating experiment of any kind
- Select any behavior which might be harmful, socially offensive, or immoral
Complete the Observation Project Form. Write a theory and hypothesis, explain the procedure you will use to determine if the theory and hypothesis are supported, give the result or the count, and finally, discuss your results or findings.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!