International human resource management | Human Resource Management homework help
An organization was established 3 years ago and has earned an outstanding reputation throughout Singapore. It is planning to send a team of 5 senior level executives to an overseas assignment in their newly established offshore subsidiary for a period of one year to handle different aspects (roles) of an important project that requires strong team spirit and creative mind.
You are the Human Resource Director of this organization and have been appointed by your CEO to prepare and equip the team members with the necessary knowledge and information of this country and the climate/culture of the overseas subsidiary. This is aimed to assist them to not only survive but also perform well in the overseas assignment as a team.
The CEO prefers to send a good mix of diverse team members for this posting, in attempt to achieve a better level of creativity and innovation. Taking these into consideration, you plan to research on the subsidiary country with regard to its history, climate, culture, language, custom, working style etc. so as to cater to the following diverse characteristics/background of the assignees and their preferences.
Different family background
Different sports and leisure activities etc.
When researching on the country that the team members are going to stay for the next one year, you must bear in mind that these team members have not worked overseas before. Your pre-overseas assignment briefings and trainings are all very crucial to their performance in future.
Assignment requirements any country except China and Singapore 2000 words
1. Introduction of the chosen country and scenario and context of international human resource management.
2. Organisational design and structure of the overseas subsidiary in comparison with the headquarters in Singapore (Apply Hofstede national cultural dimensions to discuss the differences between home and host countries)
3. Analysis of the staffing process for the overseas assignment. Critically analyse the staffing strategy of the right candidates for the overseas assignment. E.g in recruitment, do you want to deploy people from within or recruit employees from outside? For selection, which 3 selection tools (including test) do you want to adopt? examples headhunting, internal referral, job fair, face to face interview etc.
4. Analysis on the training and development process of the international assignees. Training and developing the international assignees taking into consideration of the before-overseas posting of human resource development.
5. Analysis on the remuneration package of the international assignees. The remuneration package of the international assignees taking into consideration of the compensation approach (balance sheet approach) and of the before and after overseas posting of remuneration package adjustment.
6. Conclusion (submission and conclusions are well considered and taken into account of the personnel strategies of the company)
Please include a min of 5 appendix
1)Job description and job specifications
2)Comparisons of two countrys Hofstede cultural comparison
3)Cost of living comparisons between two countrys.
4) Background of employees (done in a chart)
5) The balance sheet approach
Please make sure that bibliography is included. There must be a minimum of 10 references. Please refrain from using Wikipedia, instead please use pro quest, and sources from news article.
In-text citations done according to APA format with little or no mistakes. Referencing follows the APA format but with little or no mistakes. Sufficient and authoritative resources referenced
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!