Islamic Empires in Africa (and Asia)
Homework Assignment for Module 12: Islamic Empires in Africa (and Asia)
PLEASE USE THE LINKED VIDEOS AND ATTACHED FILES AS SOURCES TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. In episode 13 what are John Green’s main claims about the importance of Islamic empires to World History? Based on your reading in Strayer and Nelson, as well as Ibn Battuta’s Rihla, how do you evaluate Green’s claims?
2. What are the main things you learned from Crash Course episode 16: Mansa Musa and Islam in Africa? What do you think Gus Casely-Hayford would say about John Green’s discussion of Mansa Musa?
3. What do you learn about the cultural differences between women and men from the Rihla? What kinds of perspectives does Ibn Battuta show about the women?
4. What kinds of economic production and exchange does the Rihla show? What do you learn about Islam, including various forms of Islam, from this account?
5. Compare to Ibn Battuta and his journey to Tripitaka and his journey. How are the two people and journeys similar? How are they different?
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!