Opportunities & challenges with patient safety goals
For this week, you will download the Joint Commission’s 2022 Patient Safety Goals and select one safety goal.
After studying Module 6: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2020).
- Chapters 56, 58-60, 62-63, 66, & 70-71
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website, locate and read the article(s) below:
- Dyal, B., Whyte, M., Blankenship, S. M., & Ford, L. G. (2016). Outcomes of implementing an evidence-based hypertension clinical guideline in an academic nurse managed health center. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 13(1), 89–93. https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12135
- Thomas-Hawkins, C. (2020). Registered Nurse staffing, workload, and nursing care left undone, and their relationships to patient safety in hemodialysis units. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 47(2), 133–143. https://doi.org/10.37526/1526-744X.2020.47.2.133
- QSEN Competencies Descargar QSEN Competencies
Sherwood, G., & Zomorodi, M. (2016). A new mindset for quality and safety: The QSEN Competencies redefine nurses’ roles in practice. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 41(1), 15–72.
- National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2021 for the Hospital ProgramDescargar National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2021 for the Hospital Program
The Joint Commission. (2021). Hospital: National patient safety goals for 2021. https://www.jointcommission.org/standards/national-patient-safety-goals/hospital-national-patient-safety-goal
Note: As always, please remember to support your statements with in-text citations from the literature.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!