Socw 6121 wk 8 assignment
Assignment 1: Human Trafficking
Group therapy is one of the most successful interventions for adolescents. This is because of the nature of this stage of development and the need to belong to a group. Hearing the stories of other teens and knowing that their experiences and feelings are similar is very therapeutic. Another characteristic of the adolescent stage is a short attention span, so the clinical social worker should tailor exercises that initiate and sustain discussion for adolescents.
For this Assignment, watch the “Bradley” video.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, identify two opening exercises that you might recommend for a group of adolescent girls who were victims of human trafficking.
· Describe the exercises in detail so that another social worker would be able to implement them.
· Explain ways these exercises might be effective in creating a comfortable environment for these teenage girls.
· Support your rationale with the literature. For example, what does the literature say about teenage girls who have been arrested for prostitution/human trafficking and who openly discuss their experiences?
· How do these exercises promote group cohesion and encourage these teens to talk openly?
References (use 3 or more)
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An introduction to group work practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 7, “The Group Begins” (pp. 197–230)
- Chapter 8, “Assessment” (pp. 230-263)
Lietz, C. A. (2007). Strengths-based group practice: Three case studies. Social Work With Groups, 30(2), 73–87.
Laureate Education. (Producer). (2013a). Bradley (Episode 1) [Video file]. In Sessions. Baltimore, MD: Producer.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!